HCE specializes in testing Healthcare electrical receptacles per the NFPA 99 and NFPA 70.
We can keep you compliant when it comes to new construction, annual evaluations or monthly GFCI receptacle testing
Our reports are formatted to meet CMS, Joint Commission, HFAP and DNV standards.
Many surveyors are looking for compliance with the following from the NFPA 99:
- 220.127.116.11 Receptacle Testing in Patient Care Rooms.
- 18.104.22.168.1 The physical integrity of each receptacle shall be confirmed by visual inspection.
- 22.214.171.124.2 The continuity of the grounding circuit in each electrical receptacle shall be verified.
- 126.96.36.199.3 Correct polarity of the hot and neutral connections in each electrical receptacle shall be confirmed.
- 188.8.131.52.4 The retention force of the grounding blade of each electrical receptacle (except locking-type receptacles) shall be not less than 115 g (4 oz).
Also testing per the manufacturer requirements:
- CMS Conditions of Participation (CoP) §482.41(c)(2) that says “Hospitals comply with this regulation when they follow the manufacturer-recommended maintenance activities and schedule.”