Health Choice Enterprises is one of the few fire door inspection companies that can offer field labeling services to our clients.
The NFPA requires that labels on fire doors, frames and exit devices be “clearly visible and legible”. With just one swipe of a paint brush or damage to the label your openings become non-compliant. Before replacing these openings, you should consider our field labeling services.
We understand that every facility is on a tight budget and the costs of replacing fire- rated doors and frames can be extreme. Having your doors, frame and exit devices verified and field labeled can help you avoid these unnecessary costs.
We’ve been in the industry for over 20 years helping clients stay in compliance with their local building codes and accreditation agencies. Our field labeling accreditation and reports has been accepted by Authorities Having Jurisdiction (AHJ) all over the country.
Field Labeling Service
- We will complete a full NFPA-80 13-point inspection of the fire door assembly.
- We will review the facilities life safety drawings and verify the construction of the door or frame as it relates to the barrier in which it is in service.
- Fire Exit Devices are reviewed and verified by way of the manufacturers listing.
- Once the inspection and verification methods are complete, we will apply the appropriate label to the asset.
- You will receive a full report detailing our findings along with our ANAB accreditation certificate.
Decommissioning Fire-Rated Assemblies
We understand that many of our clients have been cited for not maintaining doors that have fire-rated labels. Many of these fire-rated assemblies are in service on barriers that have been reassessed by the facility. Health Choice has been able to save many of our clients from unnecessary citations by applying an official cover label to these assemblies. This method has been accepted by the Joint Commission and other AHJ’s across the country.