Health Choice Enterprises is an industry leader in providing fire door inspection and repair services.
We’ve been in the industry for over 20 years helping clients stay in compliance with their accreditation agencies. We primarily serve clients in the healthcare industry however we can provide inspection services for many others such as education, commercial, hospitality and industrial.
HCE understands that Fire Door Inspections are an integral part in ensuring the safety of staff, visitors, and patients. During a fire, compartmentalization along with safe and efficient egress play a key role in saving the lives of the people we serve in our communities.
When CMS adopted the NFPA-101 2012 life safety code this testing became a requirement in healthcare. Agencies like CMS, The Joint Commission, DNV and HFAP will all be requesting these reports to ensure compliance. In other occupancies, fire door and egress door inspections are required annually by the NFPA. Your local fire marshal may request your inspection report at any time.
Our Inspection Process:
- HCE will review your life safety drawings and provide a total count of the openings required to be inspected per the NFPA.
- We will provide every opening with a unique identifier.
- The unique ID will be noted on your latest life safety drawing for easy location.
- We will complete the required 13 Points of Inspection.
- We will note the details of any deficiencies and provide photos along with any repair recommendations.
- Minor repairs and adjustments can be made during inspection upon request.
- Fielding Labeling may also be completed during inspection upon request.
Our Repair Process:
- Repairs quotes will be issued upon delivery of your report.
- Repairs include adjustments to improper clearances, installation of UL listed clearance devices, filling unused fastener holes, adjustments and installation of closers, and installation of any miscellaneous parts.
- A full report will be issued detailing the specific repairs completed, completion dates and cutsheets for UL listed products.
- Health Choice Repair Technicians are all certified by the Door and Hardware Institute.
- Technicians have completed the proper OSHA and ICRA Trainings.
- You will receive a digital pdf and hardcopy binder with floors or buildings separated by tabs.
- The report will include inspection statistics for each building and floor.
- Your digital life safety drawings will be returned with the openings annotated for easy location.
- You will receive an inventory list in excel format detailing the door numbers, locations, handing, rating, and if applicable the reason for non-compliance.
- Reports follow the NFPA 101 and NFPA 80 requirements for annual fire door inspections.
- Your reports will be easy to navigate and understand.
- They can also be customized to fit your facilities specific needs.
- All HCE inspectors are certified by The Door and Hardware Institute (DHI).
- Your reports will be completed and signed by a CFDIA.
- We are experts in the NFPA-101, NFPA-80, NFPA-105 and the International Building Code.
- HCE Project Managers have completed the OSHA 30-Hour and HCE Technicians have completed the OSHA 10-Hour Course.
- HCE staff has completed the Infection Control Risk Assessment Training (ICRA).
- Our Inspectors are kind and courteous to facility staff, visitors, and patients.
Interested in minor repairs during your inspection? Great!
These are some of the repairs we can handle immediately.
Applying screws, through bolts, fire door caulking.
Applying shims and minor adjustments.
Adjustments to closers and latchings.
Consult with client on signage and non-compliant plant-ons removal.